Wednesday, September 22, 2010

22 September 2010

Last post was on 2 August. Now's 22 September. Nearly a month since I blogged.
Guess I'm either too tired to blog, or speechless to blog, in a bad way.

Nearing to the end of September marks my 4th month into permanent work life. It's not really considered a long period of time, but I feel I have been working for nearly a year, or maybe more. Energy gets sucked out completely, leaving you lifeless and with almost everyday being a zombie. Work also means you have to be 2-face, or pretentious, especially in front of bosses. To survive, that's the only way when you're not the apple of their eyes and you're still new.

"If they're pretentious to you, you have to do the same to survive."

With each passing day, not just my energy gets sucked by the company, but the angst increases as well. Irritation and frustration comes easily. Now, I'm still able to withhold it however, it is uncertain when I'll snap suddenly.

"If you pull a rubber band too taut, it'll eventually snap."

I am only 1 person, with 1 brain, 1 pair of hands, 1 pair of legs and assigned to 3 projects. How would it be possible for me to do things for 3 projects, at the same time (as in that particular moment)? Yes, I would like to enlist help too but everyone's busy. Who to ask?
Time will not stop for you, bosses.

"Killing 3 birds with 1 stone, at the same moment, is impossible."

Motivation to post this blog? Needed somewhere to rant my rumblings....

No comments: