Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Trip

Yes, I’m back in Singapore, SAFE and sound.

Did I just emphasize on the word, ‘SAFE’?

I think I did. Why?

Taxis over there are incorrigible, scary and out to con tourists. They only know a bit of English, and even if they do not know where you are staying, they still say they know where it is, when you asked them before boarding. Only after taking it, then they take the map and find the route.

Don’t know the route even after looking at the map? Ask someone. Ask other taxi drivers, ask officers. At times, they would take a big roundabout to get to your destination and since you are unfamiliar with the roads, you fear for your safety whether you are able to reach the destination safely.

Furthermore, adding to that uncertainty, anxiety, scared, there was other stuff.

In Chinese, we often describe our feelings as ‘喜’,‘怒’,‘哀’,‘乐’,and Nast and I experienced them during the Bangkok trip. Every feelings and emotions that a man can has, we experienced. Happy, sad, angry, anxiety, scared, nervous, pissed, and every other emotions. You name it, we had them.

A 5-day trip? More of a 3-day trip.

First 2 days of the trip = wasted.

I don’t know why when the couple and us (referring to Nast and me), bad things will happen, or should I say, sway things. This is what Chinese called it, “八字相克”. Just only 2 days, and we knew and experienced all the emotions that a person would have in his life.

Details? Think I would rather spare it coz if I were to write out, it would take ages to write.

Thankfully, the hotel had the daily tour for tourists. So on the third day, Nast and I booked for the daily tour. Morning was to The Grand Palace and afternoon to Chao Praya River tour. The tour included transportations to and fro from the hotel, so at least we didn’t have to worry about the transportation.

At night, dinner was settled at China Town, with the help of Prawit. Thank goodness he was willing to help me out. Thankfully to him, we were able to enjoy our Saturday night and the whole of Sunday.

THANK YOU!

To summarize the whole trip, taxis are a BIG No-No in Bangkok unless you know how to speak Thai. Limousine services may be a bit higher than taxi services but it’s a guaranteed safety. At least, you don’t have to pray to God throughout the whole journey.

When going on a trip, go with people who have the same mindsets as you. Or else, the situation will turn out to be “Immature mindsets VS Mature mindsets”, and that can be a total disaster.

Last but not least, thank you God for being with us there. Thank you for looking out for us. Thank you so much!

*Will upload the photos after I come back from camp...*

No comments: