Saturday, February 11, 2006

做人难,做好人更难

“做人难,做好人更难”It seems that as life goes on to a further phase each time, the truth of this Chinese phrase proves to be more and more accurate. It is almost impossible to please everyone who’s around you and things you may did, may sometimes, unknowingly cause harm to others indirectly/directly. I’m not writing this without reason or just out of the blue. Have no idea why but lately, thoughts are becoming more philosophical. Perhaps, accumulated experiences gained throughout these few years have caused me to think in this way, and also things and life are growing harder each time.

Is it wrong for a person to have high expectations of oneself? Or maybe, to achieve higher and better goals rather than to attain at a standard level, like the rest? It seems so, in my current life. People seem to be feeling that I have high expectations of myself, as well as from them. The fact is that when I’m working in groups, naturally I’ll want to achieve better quality and of course, not to drag the project for too long. It is also because I’ve been through the path of “round-about road” because I did not work hard enough, I do not want history to repeat itself again. Definitely, I do not want to regret again and I also do not wish those around me to suffer the same setback. That is why I may expect high expectations from them as well. However, everyone is different and I can’t possibly force everyone to do the same, or understand 我在用心良苦, it is hard.

People don’t get my meaning and interpret it the wrong way. I really don’t know what others are thinking. Really, I don’t. Just feel that more frictions are arising each time and with every time proved to be more challenging. I do agreed that at times, I may be too tactful and too strong-headed and causing me to lose some rational. But everyone ain’t perfect. Humans err.

Honestly, I’m not able to know what everyone is thinking. I’m not a God. Solution to this would be speaking up, well at least, I think that helps a bit.

*P.S.* I would like to apologise to God. Been blaming on God these few days for some matters. I’ve sinned. Forgive me, Amen!

No comments: