Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Back ache, legs ache, tired

Been pretty busy right after chalet. There wasn't much time for me to have a good rest, or should I say good sleep. Coz 15/9, Thursday, which was the day after chalet, I had to go back to work. Thus, leaving me no time to update my entry.

15th Sept 2005, Thursday
The day after chalet, I had to go back to work, and this is tiring. Firstly, I have not had enough rest/sleep, and second, I was assigned to Plaza Singapura to work. This means that once again, I had to familiarise with their keeping of the stock of their items. However, the duty roster sort of 'cocked up'. Ivy put me as working afternoon shift in PS, under the Suntec roster. But, under PS, my name was not there and it was only when I reached PS, did I realise from Steven (shop in-charge) that I wasn't suppose to be there. He then called up Ivy and told her about it, and she told me to go to OG Orchard Point to work from 12-8. And so, I walked to OG and Charlie was the person assigned there. Working in OG was damn boring, for there weren't many customers. Mostly the patrons are 'aunties' who will just 'bio' the products and walked away. Thank goodness there was Charlie to entertain me. He was fun to work with and quite chatty. He also told me that OG is boring to work in but there are other promoters from other brands of products on the sales floor to chat with. Only bad thing was the strict rules: "No handphones and wallets are to be taken into the sales floor. They must be left in the locker. Those who are caught violating the rule will be dealt accordingly"
Then I ask Charlie why set up this stupid rule. He then told me becoz the management at OG scared if we bring wallet, we may exchange with those being sold on the sales floor. As for the handphones, they are scared we may chit-chat on the phone and don't serve the customers. Siao ah! Think ma chiam we will do that and we got no common sense to think ah? Stupid rule sia! Worse thing was that Alvin called up to tell me that I would be working in Wisma Atria on Sunday, 12pm to closing, and not at original Suntec. Sianz...

17th Sept 2005, Saturday
Suppose to work full shift in PS today and thank god that there wasn't changes made to the duty roster on the day. Opened the shop with Steven and just half an hour later after opening the shop, I managed to sell a pair of shoes. The following hours were not spared and I kept selling quite a number of pairs of shoes. Perhaps it was my conscious telling me to make up for the 'NIL pair of shoes' sold in OG. Kept selling alot of pairs of shoes on that day. It was fun working with Steven and Tjoei Kok (a.k.a 'Shui ge' or 'KK' or 'Kok Kok'. Nicknames were given by the fellow colleagues working in Fila).

18th Sept 2005, Sunday
Wisma Atria. The first Fila shop to have a new look for the new theme. The theme of the shop was black and white, giving it a classy look. However, for that one whole day, I didn't talk much with the colleagues. The atmosphere when I first reached there was tense. I have no idea why. Sandra and Edwin are the in-charges of Wisma. When I first reached there, there seems to be some arguing between Edwin and Sandra. There after, I went to the storeroom to put my stuff and I saw Sandra cried. She asked me to go out first. And for the rest of hours, I find the atmosphere tense, even though Sandra and Edwin did talk to me. Sandra kept calling my name wrongly. She kept calling me 'Sumin'. I was like de.... is not that I didn't say my name and why other ICs or other colleagues didn't seem to have the problem and she has? I guessed I showed up the worng time? Anyway, I dun wanna work at Wisma anymore. First reason is dat first time working at there didn't leave a good impression in my mind and second, working there was stressed. It was the only shop with surveillance cameras, which means that those office people can see what we are doing.

19th Sept 2005, Monday
Got this week roster from Wencong yesterday and I was informed to work in Queensway, 12-8. I was like "Huh? Queensway? Me? Why? I live damn far from there leh..." Then Wencong told me that everyone also kena their roster like this. Guess becoz there weren't enough people in Fila. When I went there, I got kinda lost. Coz Queensway leh.... Never been there before... Josephine (everyone call her Jo) was the one opening the shop with me. Then I found out the JoJo that Eve was referring to when she was working in IMM was this Jo. Queensway was quite a boring place to work in, for there were few people over there and it ain't like a normal shopping centre. People go there to really look for sports items. Oh ya, Jo asked me to go to the bank and as usual, I got lost. I went the opposite direction. Thank goodness I got hold of the shop's number first coz' I somehow predicted that I'll get lost. And boy was I right! This teaches me a lesson. Get my directions right always before I set off for the place, especially so if I'm in an umfamiliarised place. And always confirm the directions several times!!

20th Sept, 21st Sept 2005, Tuesday & Wednesday
Yay!!! Finally back to Suntec to work with Alvin and Wencong! No matter what, I still like working in Suntec. Perhaps it's becoz I've been working there for a long time le, and I'm more familiar with place. Somemore storeroom bigger. Haha!!! No la..at least I feel more at ease working in Suntec. These few days been having back ache and legs ache. Think bend too much ands stand too long le.... Now v tired...dun feel like typing le... Still need to change bedsheets. Thank goodness tml off. No need go work, or else will die of fatigue.

No comments: