Back from the 3 days class chalet with my legs full of mosquitoes’ bites, a bad cough and deprivation of sleep. Initially before going to the chalet, I was already down with a cough and flu, however, it seems that the air over there made it worse. On top of that, drinking of alcohol made it worse.
First Day of chalet, 12 Sept 2005:
Bijiao, Jinwei and I met at AMK MRT station before going to the chalet. We were to proceed to Kembagan to take the BBQ food which was ordered from BBQ Wholesale. We were to meet Allan at Kembagan MRT station at 11.30am. Upon reaching there, we then took bus 32 to the BBQ wholesale location. However, as I was busy with work the day before chalet, I forgot to check the exact bus stop of the location. Hence, we had to carefully keep a lookout for it and thankfully, it was rather easy to find. After paying and getting the food, we took a cab to Costa Sands Pasir Ris as we were carrying lots of stuff. It wasn’t easy to find a cab for the shop was located at a small street. Plus the hot weather and the heavy stuff were killing us. When we managed to get a cab, we heaved a sigh of relief.
When we reached the lobby of Costa Pasir Ris, BJ was afraid that the chalet may not be ready for us to check in. the check-in time for the chalet was actually 2.30pm but on we were advised to check in earlier to fill in necessary documents. Reached there around 12 something and went to the registration counter to check if our chalet was ready. Thank goodness the chalet was ready and we were able to check into it. Our chalet number was C-01 and we went to check into it. We told the rest to come any time after 2.30pm and were informed that most of them would only come around 5 plus or later hence, we actually had a lot of time to spare. The 4 of us packed the respective food into the refrigerator and after that, washed the floor of level one. (Our chalet was double storey.)
By the time we finished, it was around 1.30pm and decided that we should go for lunch (none of us ate breakfast). However, the nearest food court was at Downtown East and we were pretty lazy to walk there. Thus, we rented bicycles to cycle there but I did not know how to cycle and had to rent one that was double people de bicycle. JW was the only one who was able to control the bigger size bicycle and hence, he was at the front of the double-people bicycle, controlling it and I was at the back to be the engine. Soon, it started drizzling and which was the thing we were afraid of during the chalet. (This means that most outdoor activities had to be cancelled.)
After eating lunch, Hosea reached the chalet and rested a while, before Hosea, Allan, BJ and I went for cycling. I asked them to teach me how to cycle. However, it was unsuccessful for I learnt only an hour and had to go back to the chalet for it started to drizzle again.
Candice and Eve arrived shortly later, at around 6 something, when the skies started to rain heavily. We were planning to have BBQ on first day however, due to the weather, we could not. Since Jaws and gang were arriving at a later time, around 7 to 8 plus, we asked them to help us buy dinner but they keep pushing around, giving excuses of not wanting to buy for us. In the end they did la.
Second Day of chalet, 13 Sept 2005:
12am le and Wenjie, Zhicheng, Raymond and Chiyu were still playing mahjong that BJ and I had rented. We rented it, thinking we could play throughout the night however, the guys just played, placing big bets on each round. They played since 9 something pm on 12/9 to the 10 something in the morning on 13/9. WJ and ZC then said they don’t want to stay for the BBQ and wanted to go home le. However, I had already sent email, SMS and MSN them on the dates of the chalet. If they want to leave, please at least have the initiative to pay for the drinks, food, rental fee of mahjong and half of the chalet fee that each person has to pay! They didn’t (esp. WJ) WJ then still said they not eating the BBQ food so they don’t need to pay etc. I was really furious, and on top of that, I was still sick + not enough of sleep + drank a bit of alcohol, I was really bent on going down (I was on 2nd floor room.) to scold and shout at them. My emotions were overflowing like a volcano about to erupt. The rest stopped me before I blasted my anger. Eve then went down to negotiate with them and somehow or rather, managed to solve abit (however, it wasn’t what we had initially planned.) I was already thinking WTH! If I didn’t tell them that chalet was 3 days, 2 nights and that each person has to pay the fixed amount, then I would be the one at fault. However, I did! And what do I get in return? WTF!
After they went home, the chalet was much more peaceful (noise and air coz’ they were smoking the whole night.). Then it came to BBQ. Food was alright except for the otah that went bad. Then Eve, Candice and I started to play ‘Dai Dee’ and the forfeit for the loser was to drink a concoction of vodka, containing 40% alcohol and ice-cream soda. (Percentage of vodka was much more that ice-cream soda, and I mean much more.) 3 cups of the concoction, I started to feel ‘seh’ le. Somemore, I didn’t drink slowly. I gulped down in 1 gulp and in addition, I’m the type who drink alcohol, but won’t get red in the face. This means that most of the blood would rush to my head, causing the ‘sehness’. After that, I also don’t know how many more cups I drank and Melvin joined the game as well (also dunno when). My actions started to get out of control. I knew what I was doing, what I was talking and I could walk steadily but my actions were really beyond my control. I guess I was drunk but my mind was still clear. (theoretically, but not physically, I guess.) Not sure when I took the mattress out and laid it on the floor and slept on it. All I knew was when I woke up, my mind was cleared and the rest told me when I was sleeping, there was an outbreak of cockroaches outside the chalet. (eew…) Moreover, there was also one in the bathroom. Yucks! Thank goodness when I was bathing. I didn’t see it for I’ll definitely freak out.
Third Day of chalet, 14 Sept 2005:
We had to check out of the chalet before 10.30am but all of us were ready by 8.30am. We also cleared and packed the chalet, not leaving any signs of rubbish. By the time we reach the lobby, it was 8.45am and the shuttle bus would come only at 9am. Hence, all of us waited for it to board to White Sands Mall. After we reached, we went for breakfast at Macdonald’s. once breakfast was done, we proceeded our own way home.
Conclusion:
Though there were many angry and sad things happened, still it was considered our last chalet of our poly life. We are now in our 3rd year and next semester, each of us will be working hard to gain a good pass in diploma le. One never knows when we’ll meet again...
*P.S.* Took a longer time to wirte coz' I was tired right after I came back from chalet and that the next day, I had to go back work... took 1 day plus to write...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment