Monday, July 14, 2008

Red Cliff (赤壁)


Went to watch "Red Cliff" with Jiamin today. As a historical movie, it's not bad but both of us were discussing how it could have been better. Oh ya, not to mention, “赤壁” is only part 1 of the 2 series of the historical event. “赤壁之战”, which is the sequel will only be released on January 2009. Will we remember what we have watched today?

Anyway, we were discussing that some characters, or perhaps some scene could haven been done without, especially scenes with 小乔 inside. As what a lot of critics have said, 林志玲 is basically a 'flower vase'. Also, she's not of much contribution to the epic event.

While wiki-ing "Red Cliff", I realise that the role of 诸葛亮 was supposed to be played by 梁朝伟 but due to some reasons, he withdrew and ultimately, the role went to 金城武 and 梁朝伟 acted as 周瑜 instead. The role of 刘备 was supposed to be played by 周润发 but also due to certain aspects of the Hollywood's contract, he can't and was given to 尤勇, a China actor. The role of 曹操 who was played by 张丰毅definitely carries out the feeling of 曹操. The role was originally designed for Ken Watanabe, but due to some controversy, he didn't.

Haha... really interesting facts that I've found. However, to wait till next year January for the sequel, it would be a bit hard. I won't summarise the film for it can be found in wikipedia. Overall for this movie, I would give 4 stars out of 5 stars. Strongly recommended.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wa seh u very generous leh. i think 3.5 ya. 3 points for impressive battle scenes. 0.5 for Takeshi. LOL. For the best looking zhu-ge liang I have ever watched.

Unfortunately in the real world. Brilliant and good looking guys are RARE.

~Fantasy~