Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another tiring day

You feel that you know him but in actual fact you do not. That's what almost everyone will encounter, at least once in their life, unless they are bloody lucky or perhaps, too naive. Then again, who is to judge another person in the first place? What could be it, could not be? Everythings' uncertain....

Had the first time ever feeling of what it really feels like to be shooting a film, as in with all the crews, casts, be particular about lighting, settings, sounds etc. and taking great pains to achieve them. Separated into 2 groups, we had to do a scene imitation from the movie 'Contempt' by Jean Luc Godard. Our group got the toilet scene, containg 5 shots. Initially, we thought that only one part of the setting needed to be cared about the lightings. Only after trying to frame the other 3 shots, we realize it wasn't that easy.

At the end of the wrap, it was tiring and hungry, missing lessons to finish shooting everything and training muscles, it was all worthwhile. I love what I'm doing. It's tough work but the passion just keeps me going on. Being the sound-woman and part of the gaffer (coz everyone's involved in gaffer, it ain't a one-man's job) made me realize that actually distributing different roles to each of us, will made us concentrate more that particular area of field. It's true that helping one another out (which we are still doing) may be good, but it'll be something like "Jack of all trades, but master of none." I really love doing film!! ^_^

Night time was another one of my passion and love - production. First time being a theatre production director and conducting a cast audition, I can't help but feel uber stress. Only after getting the hang of it, I would then return back to normal i.e. not that stress. Again, different people have different opinions and views, so it still boils down to a final decision, and it seemed to be I'll be the one deciding. I hope I won't make a bad choice.

Now, it's time to rest and concentrate on studies. Back to studying Asian art history and research on Asian film history....

No comments: